Maybe your kids are on break from school and they want to find some new games to play during their days off.
You might also be trying to think ahead and you shop for games that you could give for holiday gifts or birthday presents.
Regardless of your situation, you want to know which Nintendo Switch games are considered to be the best and which games are the most popular options to consider. It is not only important to get a good/fun game, but as a gamer, you also want to have a game that is popular with your friends. With more and more games incorporating online play with multiple players, getting a popular game is more important than ever. Getting a popular game increases the chances that your friends will also have the same game, which will allow you to play with them online and being able to play your game with friends is always more fun.
Before we show you our list of the most popular games for the Nintendo Switch we wanted to highlight a few games that we really enjoy. Some of these might already be on your list and others may not, but all of them could be great gifts. If you want to skip directly to the list of most popular games click here.
Here Are Some of Our Favorite Xbox One Video Games
Hands down the hottest game for the Nintendo Switch is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Not only does this version of the classic game come with new features, but this is the first time Super Smash Bros. has been released for the Switch. Play any way you want—locally, online, in TV mode, Tabletop mode, Handheld mode, or even with GameCube Controllers. The new stages and fighters are joined by the combined rosters of every past Super Smash Bros. game! Having been released on December 7, 2018, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is still insanely popular and is on the top of a lot of gamers’ wish list.
Prior to its release Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which is a reboot of a classic Nintendo game, was one of the most anticipated games for the Nintendo Switch in quite some time. After its release on March 202, 2020, Animal Crossing: New Horizons immediately became one of the best selling Nintendo Switch games. In Animal Crossing: New Horizons you can escape to a deserted island with a wealth of natural resources, that allows you to create everything you need as you unleash your creativity as you customize your character, home, decorations, and even the landscape itself. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is one of those rare video games that can be played for both fun and relaxation. It is rated E for Everyone.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 was released on October 31, 2019. In this game, Luigi has been invited to an otherworldly hotel and his friends have gone missing. Now Luigi needs to catch ghosts and solve puzzles to find Mario and friends in the Last Resort hotel. It is up to Luigi if he and his friends are going to check out in one piece.
One of the most fun multiplayer games out there is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Mario Kart first appeared in 1992 with Super Mario Kart and the Mario Kart franchise has been a fan favorite ever since. You can play locally with up to 4 people in multiplayer TV Mode or compete against up to 12 players online. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of the reasons why the Nintendo Switch is such a fun system to have.
If you or the person you are shopping for are a Mario Kart fan Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit could be just the game you are looking for. Unlike other games you could buy Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is so much more than a video game. With the Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit you can turn your home into a Mario Kart course of your own design. After creating the course you can control your Kart with your Nintendo Switch and then watch as it reacts to what’s happening in the game as you boost and drift your way to victory.
The course actually comes to life on-screen with a view from right behind the driver’s seat. You can either play by yourself or with up to 3 friends as long as each person has their own Nintendo Switch system and the Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit game with the included Mario kart or Luigi kart. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit was released on October 16, 2020. It is rated E for Everyone.
Here is a video that shows you what to expect from Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit:
With Super Mario Maker 2, which was released on June 28, 2019, you can play an almost unlimited number of Super Mario courses. You can start out with the 100+ built-in courses in the single-player story mode and move on to use a wide range of parts, tools, and customization options to create your own side-scrolling Super Mario courses. Then if you have a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can share your courses, access courses made by others, enjoy the online multiplayer play, and more.
Released on October 18, 2019, Ring Fit Adventure is another very unique video game as it is an adventure game that is also a great workout. In this adventure game, you explore a huge fantasy world to defeat a bodybuilding dragon and his minions using exercises. Using the Ring-Con and Leg Strap, measure your real-world actions and help turn them into in-game movements. If you want to compete against other people you can pass around the Ring-Con and play the included minigames. Ring Fit Adventure is rated E 10+ so it will be fun for almost everyone regardless of skill level.
The FIFA Soccer franchise from EA Sports is one of the most polished sports video games out there. FIFA 21 is a must-have video game for that soccer player in your life. It was released on October 9, 2020.
NBA 2K21 came out on September 4, 2020, and is considered by many to be the best basketball video game out there. If you are an NBA fan or a basketball fan in general NBA 2K21 should be on your must-have video game list. So if you are looking for a video game for that basketball fan in your life NBA 2K21 will give them hours of entertainment.
Zelda fans were excited to see that a new game was released on September 20, 2019. In this new release of one of the most beloved The Legend of Zelda games, you play as Link, who awakens in a strange land away from Hyrule, where animals talk and monsters are abound. As you uncover the truth behind your whereabouts and rouse the legendary Wind Fish, you will explore Koholint Island and all its trap-ridden dungeons. Since its release Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening is proving to be hugely popular with longtime Zelda fans and newcomers alike. It is rated E for Everyone.
Minecraft has made its’ way to the Switch. Between allowing players to unleash their creativity by playing in creative mode and going on adventures in survival mode, the action never ends. You can play alone or with friends in split-screen multiplayer and online. Know that you will need the Nintendo Switch Online service in order to play Minecraft online.
If you are looking for a party game and like music and dancing, Just Dance 2021 is a terrific game to consider. Released on November 12, 2020, this new version is great fun during holiday gatherings or other get-togethers.
The family-friendly Splatoon was a massive hit a few years ago when it was released on the WiiU. In Splatoon 2 the squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colorful and chaotic 4-on-4 action shooter. Splatoon 2 is perfect for first-time Inklings as it contains the game and a detailed strategy guide which will help equip you with the knowledge you’ll need to become a top performer on the battlefield. Please note that you will need the Nintendo Switch Online service in order to play this game online.
Fans of the Zelda games will enjoy the beautiful The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In the Breath of the Wild after waking from a 100-year slumber, Link must explore the visually stunning wild to regain his memories and save Hyrule.
In the original and adorable Pickman 3 Deluxe, three brave explorers land on planet PNF-404 on a mission to find food for their starving home planet. After a crash landing, these explorers must work with Pikmin to complete their mission. You befriend different types of plantlike Pikmin and strategically use them to overcome obstacles, defeat enemies, and more as you try to return to your ship before time runs out. Pickman 3 Deluxe is fun to play by yourself as well as playing with a friend in co-op mode. Pickman 3 Deluxe was released on October 30, 2020, and is rated E 10+.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition received rave reviews upon its release on May 28, 2020. Rated T for Teens this edition of the memorable Japanese role-playing game (JRPG) has been given a great visual upgrade from previous versions as it is now in HD. The premise of the game has your home being attacked by mechanical invaders known as the Mechon you and your friends set out on a quest as you travel through an incredible and unique world.
1-2 Switch was one of the original games that came out for the Switch in 2017. 1-2 Switch is still a very fun party game. It has several different games to choose from and gives players a new play style where players look at each other instead of the screen. In addition, watching people play 1-2 Switch is almost as fun as playing it yourself.
Below is a list of the Top 10 Most Popular Nintendo Switch Games for 2021. Enjoy.
- Enjoy two Mario adventures solo or with friends
- In Super Mario 3D World, choose a character each with distinct playstyles as you dash and climb through dozens of colorful courses, collecting Green Stars and power-ups along the way
- Cooperate (and compete) with friends locally or online to reach each stage’s goal. A crown is awarded to the highest-scoring player, making for a friendly frenzy
- In addition to added multiplayer options, the Nintendo Switch version of the Super Mario 3D World game has been improved with faster character speeds and more
- Explore a seamless feline world in Lake Lapcat, complete objectives to collect Cat Shines, and defeat a giant Bowser in the new Bowser’s Fury adventure
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)
- Soar between floating islands and Descend to the treacherous surface world In this updated HD version of the Legend of Zelda: skyward Sword game.
- Gently swing your Sword and angle your slashes to uncover and break through opponents' Defenses using intuitive motion controls.
- Movements feel smoother and more immediate thanks to the Nintendo Switch system's processing power and HD graphics. Take advantage of the newly-added button only control scheme-perfect for playing in handheld mode or on the Nintendo Switch Lite system
- A variety of playable characters are available, some with unique attributes that affect gameplay and platforming physics.
- Younger and less-experienced players will love playing as Toadette, who is brand new to both games, and Nabbit, who was formerly only playable in New Super Luigi U. Both characters offer extra assistance during play.
- Multiplayer sessions are even more fun, frantic, and exciting thanks to entertaining character interactions. Need a boost? Try jumping off a teammate’s head or getting a teammate to throw you!
- Features a wealth of help features, like a Hints gallery, reference videos**, and a Super Guide in New Super Mario Bros. U that can complete levels for you if they’re giving you trouble.
- Three additional modes—Boost Rush, Challenges, and Coin Battle—mix up gameplay and add replayability, while also upping the difficulty for players who want to try something harder. Players can use their Mii characters in these modes!
- Build your community from scratch on a deserted island brimming with possibility; Create your personal getaway and customize your character, home, decorations, and even the landscape itself
- Collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools. Then, use what you create to give your island a personal touch
- Watch as the time of day and seasons match real life—even your hemisphere. Each day holds potential for surprises and discoveries
- Get to know the island residents, garden, fish, decorate, hunt for fossils, and more.
- Show off your paradise – Play on the same system with a total of 4 people, or play together online or over local wireless for fun with up to 8 players
- Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere. Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle mode for new and returning battle courses
- Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode. Every track of the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return
- Plus, the Inklings appear at all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.
- Players can choose a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids even at 200cc
- Neo Cortex and n. Tropy are back at it again and launching an all-out assault on not just this universe, but the entire multiverse! Crash and Coco are here to save the day by reuniting the four quantum masks and bending the rules of reality.
- New abilities? Check. More playable characters? Yep. Alternate Dimensions? Obviously. Ridonkulous bosses? For sure. Same awesome sauce? You bet your sweet jorts. Wait, are they actually jorts? Not in this universe!
- 2020-2021 Activision publishing, Inc. Activision, crash and Crash Bandicoot are trademarks of Activision publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
- Explore 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and several ways to interact with environments
- Mario's new friend, Cappy, lets you master new moves like cap throw, cap jump and capture
- Visit astonishing new locales, such as the skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans
- Hand a Joy-Con controller to a friend to enjoy simultaneous multiplayer: Player 1 controls Mario while Player 2 controls Mario’s new ally Cappy
- Unlock even more features with the exclusive new amiibo figures - Mario, Princess Peach and Bowser dressed in their wedding outfits
- Master doses of treatments to cure animals: x-rays, bandages, a stethoscope, preparing medicine...
- House the animals in different rooms of the clinic and come to the aid of your four-legged patients
- Listen to the animals and become the best vet ever
- Expand and upgrade your clinic to take advantage of the best instruments for treatment
- Spend time with the animals and develop a true bond with them
- Catch ghosts and solve puzzles to rescue Mario and friends in the Last Resort hotel; Each floor of this towering hotel is themed, from the décor to the puzzles to the boss
- Utilize the functions of the all-new Poltergust G-00: Pummel ghosts with a Slam, break through defenses with the Suction Shot, and blow back groups with a Burst
- Luigi can call upon and control Gooigi, his all-green doppelganger, who can do what Luigi can’t; Gooigi can slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and help Luigi overcomes obstacles
- Change between Luigi and Gooigi in single player, or let a friend play as Google for 2-player co-op
- Up to 8 players can work together to ascend the Scarescaper via local wireless or online; It’s Team Luigi vs. Team Gooigi in a mini-game battle to see which is the ultimate team of ghost hunters
Last update on 2021-07-30 at 15:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API