There are many reasons why someone might need a no glow trail camera. Maybe you want to monitor your property. Perhaps you want to scout game animals on public hunting land. Whatever the reason, it would be ideal if you could keep the location of the trail camera hidden at night when the flash is in use.
Unfortunately, we usually have to choose between affordable trail cameras with a low glow flash that makes the front of the camera glow red when the flash is in use, or much more expensive models with no glow flash that stays black and remains undetectable when the flash is being used.
Thankfully the Vikeri E2 trail camera is here to provide an affordable option for people who are looking for a trail camera with no glow flash.
Table of Contents
Introducing the Vikeri E2 Trail Camera
Not only does the Vikeri E2 come with a no glow flash, but this easy-to-use trail camera comes with a long list of high-end features, many of which are customizable. All of this helps the E2 to work well in a variety of settings.
- No glow flash
- Easy to use and install
- Great resolution on both pictures and videos
- Fast trigger speed
- Wide-angle camera
- Wide detection angle
- SD card is included with the camera
- Affordably priced
- 4 AA batteries are included
- Uses Micro SD memory cards
- No wireless connectivity (but not including this helps to keep the price down)
Review of Key Features and Benefits of the Vikeri E2 Trail Camera
When getting a camera, pay attention to its recording capability, making sure you go for the best in a particular class. For the Vikeri E2, quality is not a compromise. It has a photo resolution of 20 megapixels and can record 1520p Ultra-High Resolution videos with audio. It also has a photo+video mode where it can take a picture before recording video.
Motion (PIR) Sensor
The PIR sensor is a crucial component of any trail camera, which helps sense movement in the detection area. The Vikeri E2’s centrally-located motion sensor has adjustable sensitivity. You can set it to low, middle, or high settings, with middle being the default setting.
The detection distance is up to 80-feet, which is relatively long considering that most trail cameras cover 65-feet. The sensor has a detection angle of 120°.
The E2 has a great trigger speed of 0.2 seconds, which is quite fast. Between the wide detection angle and the fast trigger speed, you should feel confident that the E2 will capture every significant moment passing in front of the camera’s lens.
One of the key selling points of this trail camera is its no glow flash. With its 48pcs 940nm no-glow LEDs you can feel confident that your pictures and videos will be illuminated at night without alerting animals or people to the camera’s presence.
The time-lapse feature of the Vikeri E2 can help you document slow-moving natural events or processes. It can also be very helpful if you want to monitor the area that is beyond the range of the PIR sensor. Some people might also choose to utilize the time-lapse mode if they want to use the camera in a place where they are constantly experiencing false triggers.
As it is with most trail cameras when the time-lapse feature is activated it will switch off the motion sensor. When selecting the time-lapse settings, you indicate the length and your preferred setting, either normal or time-lapse video.
The Vikeri E2 comes equipped with a 2.4-inch color LCD screen. While it may be quite small, it is larger than the LCD screen found on many other trail cameras. You can use this screen to preview your pictures and video recordings or to easily make changes to the camera’s settings.
As with all trail cameras you need secondary storage media to store captured videos and photos. In this case, the E2 supports micro SD Class 10 memory cards of less than 256GB.
While we aren’t big fans of using micro SD cards in trail cameras because of how easy they are to drop and lose outside when replacing memory cards – especially in cold weather – we think that most people will overlook this shortcoming due to all of the other strong qualities this camera offers. Vikeri has even included a 32GB memory card on this camera’s packaging, which only adds to this camera’s value.
That said, we always advise having an extra memory card for each trail camera so you can minimize the amount of time you spend by the camera when you check the pictures and videos it has captured.
While the E2 can accommodate micro SD cards up to 256GB, given the photo and video resolution of this camera the SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC card is a more affordable option – unless you plan on leaving the camera unattended for several months at a time in a location with a lot of activity.
It is also worth noting that in situations where you might worry about your memory card becoming full you can enable the Endless Capture Mode, which will delete older material on the memory card to create room for newer recordings. The Vikeri E2 is among the minority of trail cameras to have this feature.
Another example that shows you this camera has all the bells and whistles you are looking for is its password protection feature. You can turn on this feature to secure the camera and restrict its access. To set the password, you go to the settings and provide a password of your choosing that you can easily remember. Then whenever you want to access the camera in the future, you will be asked to provide the password.
The Vikeri E2 trail camera can be powered by either 4 or 8 AA batteries and comes with 4 AA batteries included. While you can run the E2 on 4 batteries you only want to do that if you plan on putting the camera out for a short period of time, but if you want to leave the camera out for multiple months you should use 8 batteries as that will guarantee you the longest battery life.
When looking to buy replacement batteries, you should look for long-lasting alkaline or lithium batteries. For the best performance and longest battery life – especially in cold temperatures – we recommend using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. You can learn more about why we recommend lithium batteries here.
It is also worth noting that the manufacturer recommends that you not use rechargeable batteries in the camera due to the lower voltage they provide.
Input for External Power Supply
If you want the camera to serve you for a long time in the field without having to worry about dead batteries, you can connect it to an external power supply unit. A DC 6V/1.5A unit will work with the E2 trail camera.
The image stamp feature on the E2 is comparable to what you see on most other modern trail cameras. Details on the image stamp include the date, time, temperature, moon phase, and camera ID. If you are using the trail camera to monitor deer or other game animals using the information provided on the image stamp is critical as you look for patterns of behavior as they relate to specific environmental conditions.
Here is what you can expect to find in the Vikeri E2’S packaging:
- 1 – Installation Belt
- 1 – 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card
- 1 – Stand Mount & Stand Support
- 3 – Bolts & Stoppers
- 1 – Micro USB Cable
- User Manual
- 4 – Alkaline batteries (you will probably want to run the camera with 8)
Areas of Use
One thing to appreciate about the Vikeri E2 is its versatility. As with so many other trail cameras, you can use it for hunting and nature photography. However, unlike other trail cameras the E2, with its no glow flash, allows you to feel confident using it for property surveillance, home security, and scouting game on public hunting land as the camera keeps its location hidden at night.
When you look at the no glow flash along with the other features of this trail camera, you may think that it will be very costly. That is not the case, which may come as a surprise to many. It has a reasonable price, almost the same as your typical entry-level trail camera.
Do you want to look at what other options are available? If so, you might want to check out our free Find Your Perfect Trail Camera Tool, which shows you trail camera options based on the criteria you select. Otherwise, if you like the Vikeri E2, but are just wondering about what other affordable no glow trail camera options might be out there, we have identified three other great no glow options for you, which are shown below.
Campark T86 WiFi Trail Camera & T85 WiFi Trail Camera
If you like the Vikeri E2 but wished it had wireless connectivity the Campark T86 trail camera is a very good option – especially if you want to post the camera at an elevated or other hard-to-access location.
Not only does the Campark T86 have wireless connectivity, but it also has 3 PIR sensors. When combined the 3 motion sensors offer the same 120° detection angle as the E2, but also offers you the option to turn off the side sensors thereby reducing the detection angle to 60°, which can be very helpful if you have the camera set up in a place where it is getting a lot of false triggers.
You can check the current price of the Campark T86 here.
If you are interested in the Campark T86, but are looking for the best price you might also want to check out the Campark T85, which looks a little different than the T85, but shares the same features and specs.
The Vikeri E2 is a full-featured camera that you can feel confident using just about anywhere. The fact that it has a no glow flash is a huge advantage in itself, and its very affordable price makes it an absolute no-brainer. So if you are on a budget and looking for a no glow trail camera or perhaps multiple cameras the E2 is a worthy option.
You can check the current price of the E2 here.
- Ultra-High Resolution Photos and Videos - Upgraded trail camera with 1520P 20MP clear resolution delivers stunning vibrant images and clear audible videos even in the dark night. Moreover, trail cameras with night vision motion activated waterproof are built-in 2.4" LCD colorful screen, so you can watch HD interesting videos or wildlife pictures freely, and you will never miss the thrilling moment of the period of time you set up. The camera moves you closer to nature wildlife.
- Amazing 0.2s Trigger Shooting - Our game cameras with night vision are motion activated, once detecting the movement, it will capture the wildlife pictures with a lightning-fast trigger speed of less than 0.2s. With 1 to 3 shots mode choices guarantee fast and accurate captures of the animals which exposed to this field. The trigger distance of the game camera is up to 25m(80ft) during the day/20m(65ft) at night.
- IP66 Waterproof & Durable - Vikeri Hunting & trail cameras with excellent performance adopt premium materials, workmanship, and technology to ensure that the camera can maintain normal operation under various harsh conditions or tough environments like tropical rainforests or deserts. IP66 Waterproof wildlife camera is extremely durable and worked well even on rainy or snowy days. Rain-proof, drop-proof dust-proof, and shockproof design make it suitable for all seasons.
- 120°Wide Detection- The trail game camera is equipped with a 120° detecting range and 48pcs no glow infrared LEDs, which allows the deer camera to get an excellent broader view and high motion sensor capture in wildlife monitoring. No glow infrared LEDs make it a stealthy unit that records any animal movements soundless and stirless without any disturbance to wildlife.
- Easy to Install & Use - You can easy to use the trail cam by following the user manual or videos. And hunting camera came with a gifted mounting strap, very easy to install and fasten the camera at a height of 1-2 meters and align the camera parallel to the ground in the desired direction. A fantastic gift for family,friends or wildlife lover, perfect for wildlife monitoring or hunting, property security, park/backyard/farm area surveillance, and remote crop monitoring etc.
Last update on 2023-12-06 at 02:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API