If you are faced with hot and humid weather or are dealing with a damp room or basement you need to be prepared to address the humidity and the problems it can bring. Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from your home and provide a lot of benefits to your health, home, and belongings.
Choosing a model that is the right capacity (size) is paramount when buying a dehumidifier. They come in a wide variety of sizes, which can make selecting the right one for your living space confusing. So let’s discuss the basics of dehumidifier size so you can choose the best dehumidifier for your home.
Table of Contents
Do I Need a dehumidifier?
When contemplating buying one for the first time most people will first ask themselves; do I really need a dehumidifier? For most of us, the answer is usually yes.
High humidity can damage furniture, clothing, electronics, and wallpaper. It can make many areas of your home unbearable and/or unhealthy. In rooms, such as laundry rooms and basements where higher levels of dampness are common due to natural conditions, a dehumidifier can help solve your problems. Plus, it will reduce those musty odors. You can learn about all the benefits of dehumidifiers here.
Even if you own a home air conditioner, there might be enough moisture in the air of your home to still make having a dehumidifier be a necessity during the summer months. This happens when the air conditioner gets the home to the desired temperature and shuts off (like it is supposed to do) despite the humidity levels still being higher than you would like. However, the need for a dehumidifier doesn’t necessarily end once fall comes. Many homes have problems with excess moisture year-round.
Thankfully, a dehumidifier can help us to maintain the recommended relative humidity level in our homes regardless of which season we are in. The EPA states that relative humidity (RH) should be kept below 60 percent — with levels between 30 percent and 50 percent being ideal.
Main Types of Dehumidifiers
There are two main types of dehumidifiers namely: refrigeration and desiccant dehumidifiers. Each type has different strengths and weaknesses. So understanding the differences can help you purchase the correct model for your situation.
Desiccant dehumidifiers work well in spaces that require consistent dehumidification, including laundry rooms, basements, or garages. One advantage of desiccant dehumidifiers is that they can work at low air temperatures (below 65°F ), which can cause refrigeration style dehumidifiers to freeze up and stop working.
They work by passing the air through the rotor that contains materials (such as silica gel) that absorb and hold water vapor. These materials usually absorb water from the air, after which the air is then pushed back out through vents into the room. Eventually, the desiccant material is heated, which vaporizes the water then it is then ducted out of the room.
In addition to working well in cooler temperatures, there are a couple of other positives about desiccant dehumidifiers. First, unlike the refrigerant types, desiccant dehumidifiers don’t have a compressor or use any refrigerants, which makes them easy to maintain. Second, because they don’t have a compressor desiccant dehumidifiers have lower noise levels and usually run quieter than their refrigeration style counterparts.
Refrigeration humidifiers are by far the best at eliminating and removing excess moisture from the air compared to desiccant dehumidifiers, especially at high moisture and higher temperatures. This unit comes with refrigerated coils that help to drive the moisture out simply by pulling the damp, warm air from within the room and passing it over these cold evaporator coils that cool the surrounding air below its dew point temperature. In turn, the gaseous water in the air undergoes condensation. Then, the condensed water is automatically captured by the machine and directed into the storage unit. After some time, the water is ejected from a dehumidifier machine through the floor drain, and the dried air is released into your room or the facility’s environment.
Refrigeration style dehumidifiers are more energy-efficient and consume less energy per hour and are thus generally cheaper to run and own.
The vast majority of people are buying dehumidifiers for use in their homes and don’t need to worry about having to operate the dehumidifier in colder temperatures because of this and the fact that they are more energy-efficient, the most common type of dehumidifiers people buy are the refrigeration style.
How to Calculate Your Needs?
Different room sizes and conditions require different dehumidifier ratings. Various factors will determine the best dehumidifier capacity for your room or house. Therefore, when selecting your model, these are the two main factors to consider:
The Size of Your Room or House You Wish to Dehumidify (Square Footage)
First, think about the size of the house you want to dehumidify. Remember to measure your room in square meters. Noticeably, that is the unit given or quoted by the manufacturer. Also, you need to decide on the space your tool will cover. To this end, you must calculate the square footage.
Consider Dampness In The Area You Wish to Dehumidify
Choosing a model based on the size of your room as well as its capacity alone isn’t enough, though. To come out with the best solution, you need to consider the conditions of your room. So you need to ask yourself this question- How damp is my space? Stick with the capacity that matches your space. If your space has lower levels of humidity, choose a smaller-capacity unit. If you want to tackle an extremely wet space, then go with a larger capacity unit.
So let’s talk about different levels of humidity and how you might be able to identify them without the use of a humidistat. For the purposes of our discussion let’s break it down into four categories
- Moderately Damp (RH level between 50 and 60 percent) – There is an occasional musty smell and feels damp.
- Extremely Damp (RH level between 60 and 70 percent) – It often smells musty and will often feel damp.
- Wet (RH levels of between 70 and 85 percent) – Area feels wet and smells musty with damp spots on walls and/or floors.
- Extremely Wet (RH level that’s greater than 85%) – Area feels wet and smells musty with water seepage appearing on the walls and/or floors. You may also notice mold growing.
So What Size Dehumidifier Do I Need?
So once you have decided what type of dehumidifier you want to have you need to think about the size or capacity, that will be best for the area you will be putting it into. Units are usually categorized by the number of pints of water they can collect in a 24 hour period. They come in four main categories.
Which category you should be considering is largely determined by the size of the space you are trying to dehumidify and the level of moisture in the air. Let’s take a look at the different categories.
Maybe you only have slight excess moisture problems in just one small area of your house. If that is the case, you might want to look at getting a small (or mini) dehumidifier. There are units that are designed to be in areas that are 200 square feet or less and spaces that are between 200 and 300 square feet.
Because of their small size, these models are great for small spaces such as bedrooms, bathrooms or enclosed kitchens. However, some of these units might only hold around a full pint of water and only remove 1/2 pint per day. Due to the limited amount of moisture they can remove from the air each day you want to remember that they aren’t the solution for larger areas or spaces with very high humidity levels.
30 Pint Dehumidifiers
These models are suitable for areas between 500 and 3,000 square feet depending on the dampness. Each day, they collect about 30 pints of water and are appropriate to use in residential spaces including basements. Here is some more information on when to use 30 pint units:
- 500-1500 square feet – Good for extremely wet spaces with RH up to levels that are greater than 85%
- 2000 square feet – Good for extremely damp spaces with RH up to levels between 60 and 70 percent
- 2500-3000 square feet – Good for moderately damp spaces with RH up to levels between 50 and 60 percent
- 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗗𝗲𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗿𝘀 - The 3 smart modes of our dehumidification options make it easy to switch between DEHU, DRY, and CONT modes with just one touch. DEHU mode is perfect for maintaining the ideal humidity level in your living room. DRY mode is great for quickly drying delicate clothes that need to be hung up to dry. And the CONT mode is ideal for keeping constantly damp spaces under control. Whatever your needs, our dehumidification modes meet your needs.
- 𝗧𝘄𝗼 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗢𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 - With 2 drainage options, you can choose the drainage method that works best for you and keep your space dry and comfortable. The manual drainage option automatically stops the unit when water tank is full, and the indicator light will turn on to remind you to empty the tank. Alternatively, the automatic drainage option comes with a drainage Hose, allowing you to continuously drain the collected water without ever having to empty the bucket.
- 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹 𝗦𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺 - Our dehumidifier for basement is equipped with an intelligent touchscreen control system, making it easy to adjust settings and customize your dehumidification experience. With just a touch of a button, you can control the humidity level, set the timer, adjust the fan speed, and more. The intuitive interface and easy-to-read display make it easy to use, even for those who are not technically inclined.
- 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝗧𝗼 𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗲 & 𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 - This dehumidifier for large space has a handle and wheels, so that you can freely move the location of the dehumidifier at home to meet the dehumidification needs of different spaces. And the modern line design make it easy to incorporate into any decor, and it can be used to complement your existing furniture seamlessly. Enjoy the benefits of a high-performing dehumidifier that also serves as a stylish addition to your home.
- 𝗖𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 - We offer a 30-day free exchange /refund policy and a 1-year warranty service to ensure that you are fully satisfied with your dehumidifier purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, such as how to connect the drain hose, our friendly customer service team is always available to assist you. Don't hesitate to reach out to us, we welcome your questions and feedback.
- 2000 SQ. FT. Dehumidifiers: HOGARLABS dehumidifiers can remove up to 30 pints of moisture daily and adjust humidity from 30% to 80%. Perfect for basements, home, office, bathrooms, attics, garages, crawlspace or any large rooms up to 2000 Sq. Ft. It providing a 45%-55% humidity range just right following your environment.
- 3 Dehumidification Options: One touch to switch DEHU/DRY/CONT modes. In smart DEHU mode, the dehumidifier will auto-start and shut down according to the humidity you set. DRY mode dries your wet clothes quickly at high fan speeds, the CONT mode is perfect for constantly damp spaces.
- Smart & Saving Design: This dehumidifier features a digital control panel for more effortless operation to setup, which helps to quickly understanding dehumidify of your space and real-time running status of dehumidifier. Also it has a built-in 24 hours timer, which makes your dehumidification work smarter and energy saving.
- Manual & Continuous Drain: Easily empty with the included 0.6-gallon tank when it is full, the dehumidifier will shut off automatically when the bucket is full and switch on again after the bucket is emptied. or connect a 3.28 feet drain hose (included) that you can connect to the outlet for continuous drain without emptying the water tank.
- Convenient & Easy Maintenance: Comes with 360° rotatable wheels and 0.61 inches embedded handling handrails that making it easier to move, the built-in filter can be cleaned freely at any time, and clean your dehumidifier anywhere quickly and suit any home, basement, apartment or office.
- 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐔𝐩 𝐓𝐨 𝟐𝟓𝟎𝟎 𝐒𝐪.𝐅𝐭: Our dehumidifier removes up to 34 pints (under 95°F,95%RH condition) of moisture per day. It is the best dehumidifier for home, basement, office, living room, bedroom, etc. This dehumidifier can handle and improves air quality, and promotes a comfortable environment by keeping your place in the ideal 45%-55% humidity.
- 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐲&𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥: COLAZE dehumidifier is equipped with an intelligent screen with touch control on the dehumidifier compared to most traditional dehumidifiers, easier to operate without worry about button damaged. Auto Intelligent Humidity Control: in the normal dehumidification mode, sliding the humidity progress bar (30%-80%RH in 10% increments), setting the ideal. When it reaches the humidity, it will automatically stop working.
- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢-𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: Our dehumidifiers adopt ultra-quiet technology compared with others, protecting you from annoying disturbance. Two-way timing function, you can preset the timing for changing delay-off or delay on by a 1-hour increment up to 24 hours, reducing energy consumption. Four dehumidification modes: Normal dehumidification; Continuous dehumidification; Ventilation; Dry Clothes modes with 2 fan speeds that meet your dehumidification demand better.
- 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨&𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧: Manual Drainage (double full water protection): The water tank is 2.2L/0.58 gallon when it reaches maximum capacity, the "Full "indicator will light up as well as an alarm will beep for 20 seconds to remind you to empty the water tank, the dehumidifier will stop working automatically. Auto Drainage: You can directly attach to the drainpipe hole on the left side of the dehumidifier to achieve continuous drainage. No worry about the risk of the water overflowing.
- 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 & 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭: Compared to bulky and power-hungry old dehumidifiers, our dehumidifier is more in line with the needs of modern consumers: sleek and modern look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, you can also move it easily without any efforts. 3 different color lights (Blue, Green and Red) show you the environmental humidity directly. Remember that the color will automatically change according to the environmental humidity; you can not choose the color you want.
50 Pint Dehumidifiers
50 pint dehumidifiers can handle middle-sized spaces that are extremely humid or large spaces that are a little less humid. These units are powerful enough to work well in areas that smell musty and damp all the time. Here is a little more guidance on when to buy a 50 pint dehumidifier:
- 500-1000 square feet – A 50 pint humidifier is probably too big and unnecessary for this size of space.
- 1500 square feet – Good for extremely wet spaces with RH up to levels that are greater than 85% (A 50 pint dehumidifier might be a little too much for a space this size if it has lower humidity levels )
- 2000-2500 square feet – Good for extremely wet spaces with RH levels that are up to and greater than 85%
- 3000 square feet – Good for wet spaces with RH up to levels up to the 70 and 85 percent range
- 𝟒,𝟓𝟎𝟎 𝐒𝐐 𝐅𝐓 𝟓𝟎 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐬: Our Dehumidifiers can Remove up to 50 Pints of Water a day（95°F,90% RH） and Covers areas Maximum up to 4,500 square feet. Being able to adjust Humidity from 30%RH to 80%RH, Dehumidifiers are Suitable for use in Basements, Homes, Garages, Bathrooms, Bedrooms, Offices, Kitchens, Laundry Rooms, Storage Rooms and RVs. The Dehumidifier is Newly Improved and Smaller in Size, You deserve it!
- 𝟑𝟔𝟎° 𝐑𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟐𝟒-𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: Dehumidifiers is Equipped with 4 Universal Wheels, Handle at the top of the Dehumidifier, Which is Convenient for you to Move it to every corner of the Room. 24-Hour Timer: used for preset operation and reducing energy consumption. This dehumidifiers is Equipped with a Touch Control Panel with Digital Display, Which Makes the Mode, Target Humidity, Timer, Fan Speed, Defrosting and Current Room Humidity Readings Clear at a Glance.
- 𝟑 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬: One touch to switch DEHU/DRY/CONT meet all your needs properly. DEHU mode to perfectly maintain your desired humidity level in the wine cellar. DRY mode to quickly dry delicate clothes that need to be hung for drying. the CONT mode is perfect for constantly damp spaces.
- 𝟐 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐤: Manual Drainage: When the 0.66 Gal Water Tank is Full, The Dehumidifier will Automatically Stop Running, The "Full" indicator will light up, and an alarm will Sound for 10 seconds to Remind you to empty the water tank. Automatic Drainage: With the included 6.56ft/2m Drainage Hose, You can Continuously Drain the Collected Water without Emptying the Bucket.
- 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞:Advanced Noise Reduction Design is Adopted, and the Noise Does not exceed 42dB. It won't Disturb you to Sleep, Watch TV, Study and listen to Music, Can Quickly dry delicate clothes that need to be hung and dried, and has a child locking function.
- Easy-to-Clean Washable Filter: Capture dust from the air and keep your dehumidifier working efficiently with our easy-to-clean washable filter.Low Temperature Operation: This unit is designed to operate at low temperatures down to 41 degrees F.Voltage Rating : 115 V. Installation : Power Cord Length. Motor RPM (Low) :880 RPM, Motor RPM (Med) : 980 RPM, Motor RPM (High) : 1160 RPM..Amps : 5.2, Watts : 545
- Custom Humidity Control: Maximize your comfort with customized control over the amount of humidity in your room
- Continuous Drain Option: Skip emptying the water bucket -- this unit continuously drains your dehumidifier so that you don’t have to lift a finger
- Automatic Shut Off: Unit shuts off automatically when the water bucket is full
- Front Loading Bucket with Carrying Handle and Splash Guard: A water bucket is conveniently located in the front of the unit for easy access, while the carry handle and splash guard make emptying your bucket hassle-free
- 【High-Efficient Dehumidifier】: Our dehumidifiers can adjust humidity from 30% to 80% and remove moisture up to 50 pints (under 95°F, 90%RH surroundings) per day. This efficient dehumidifier is suitable for any kinds of room includes those rooms size up to 4500 Sq Ft. It is ideal for living room, bedroom, bathroom, cloakroom, basement, garage, etc. Please be kindly noted that the dehumidifier works more efficient when the ambient temperature range is 41°F - 95°F.
- 【Easy-use Functionalities】: The dehumidifier features an understandable control panel on which you can read the current air humidity and make different settings. Dehumidifying mode and drying clothes mode can greatly meet your need for removing excess moisture. The auto mode will automatically adjusts the humidify level. Besides, the sleep mode, 24hr timer, two adjustable fan speeds, auto turn on/ turn off and child lock making your life more convenient.
- 【Smart and User-friendly Designs】: The dehumidifier for home will automatically shut off when the water tank full alarm, reminding you of emptying the water in the water tank, and it will automatically restart after power outage. This dehumidifier starts dehumidifying if the room humidity is 3% higher than the selected humidity. When in low temperature, it will automatically defrost to prevent the water tank from freezing and avoiding damaging the internal semiconductor chips.
- 【Movable and Cleanable】: Our dehumidifier is 13.4 * 9.4 * 19.7inch that no will not take too much room space. Its weigh is 30.86 pounds. Combined with the 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you could move this dehumidifier to every space of your room easily. The dehumidifier features a water tank which can collect 1.7 gallon water so that you don’t have to empty it all the time. The dehumidifier also features a re6.usable and washable filter to reduce dust.
- 【Two Ways of Drainage】：Manual Drainage: When water tank of this dehumidifier reaches its maximum water capacity, the "Full" indicator will light up as well as an alarm will beep, and then the dehumidifier will stop working automatically. Auto Drainage: A drain tube can be easily attached to the drainpipe hole on the left side of the dehumidifier to achieve continuous drainage. It greatly helps you get rid of emptying the water tank every day.
70 Pint Dehumidifiers
If you need a dehumidifier for a large space and/or dealing with extreme humidity plaguing your home during hot and humid months, then a 70 pint dehumidifier could be your answer. These models can easily remove about 70 pints of water a day. They are superb for homes with very wet crawl spaces and basements. Here is some advice on the situations where you will want to consider a 70 pint dehumidifier:
- 500-2000 square feet – A 70 pint humidifier is probably too big and unnecessary for this size of space.
- 2500-3000 square feet – Good for extremely wet spaces with RH levels that are up to and greater than 85%
- 𝟳𝟬 𝗣𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗗𝗲𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗦𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝟱𝟱𝟬𝟬 𝗦𝗾. 𝗙𝘁 - Our VEAGASO dehumidifiers for home can efficiently remove up to 70 pints of water per day (under 95°F, 90% RH condition) in medium to large rooms covering up to 5500 Sq. Ft. It's ideal for various rooms such as basements, bathrooms, bedrooms, closets, offices, apartments, garages, kitchens, laundry rooms, storage rooms, and RVs.
- 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗲𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘀 - Choose the mode that works best for you and enjoy the benefits of a customized dehumidifying experience. Preset humidity level settings allow you to easily select the corresponding mode for specific location. Press the MODE button to choose from Sleeping Area (55%), Living Area (50%) or Basement(45%). In addition, the continuous mode is ideal for constantly damp spaces where continuous dehumidification is necessary.
- 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝗢𝗳𝗳 & 𝗧𝘄𝗼 𝗪𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 - Say goodbye to the hassle of constantly emptying the water tank and enjoy a seamless dehumidifying experience with our user-friendly dehumidifier. This dehumidifier for basement features a built-in 8.5 pints water tank that alerts you when the maximum capacity is reached with a red "full" indicator and beep alarm. For added convenience, our dehumidifier also comes with a drain hose for continuous drainage.
- 𝗠𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 & 𝗔𝗱𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗶𝘁𝘆 - Our dehumidifiers feature a backlit display for added convenience to monitor the humidity, allowing you to easily read the humidity value on the front of the dehumidifier from a distance and in any lighting condition. Humidity adjustment range from 35% to 80%, allowing you to customize the humidity level according to your specific needs, providing a healthy and comfortable living environment.
- 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 - This dehumidifier for large space has a handle and wheels, so that you can freely move the location of the dehumidifier at home to meet the dehumidification needs of different spaces. And a removable filter is also easy to clean and maintain, ensuring that the dehumidifier continues to function at its best. Regular filter cleaning or can also extend the lifespan of the dehumidifier.
- 💦Advanced Home Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifier combines dehumidification, drying and air purification into one multifunctional machine. With the dual protection of water full auto shut off working and compressor power off, it can ensure the performance and life of the machine more intelligently. It can remove 70 pints of water per day to maintain your space as comfortable and dry as possible.
- 💦Modern & Humanistic Design: Designed in an all-white modern style, this dehumidifier can fit into any home, apartment or large small place. It comes with four 360° rotatable wheels and handle to easily move the dehumidifier anywhere you like. With a built-in digital display control panel and timing, you can use your dehumidifier quickly and efficiently!
- 💦Convenient Drainage:This dehumidifier is equipped with two types of drainage. You can choose to use the 3.9 ft long dehumidifier hose for easier and less effort in continuous drainage. Or use the large capacity tank, if the 0.8Gal tank is full, the dehumidifier beeps and automatically shuts off until it is emptied and placed in the correct place will start working again. No need to worry about overflowing when the water is full.
- 💦4 Modes & Quiet Working:This dehumidification system has 4 modes to properly meet all your needs. You can switch between the different modes to keep the room at your ideal humidity level. The dry mode dries your delicate clothes that get wet or damp in the rain. With advanced noise reduction design and sleep mode, the noise level does not exceed 46 decibels. It won't disturb you while you sleep, watch TV, study and listen to music.
- 💦Convenience Control:This dehumidifier is equipped with button control panel. Digital display of temperature, humidity, timer, and current mode indicator for at-a-glance use. 24-hour timer: For preset operation and reduced energy consumption. Auto shut-off/restart: Automatically shuts off when the bucket is full and restarts when the bucket is emptied. Automatic defrost function: Prevents collected water from freezing.
- 50-Pint 9-Gallon Dehumidifier for Large Rooms: Helps protect walls, curtains, furniture and appliances from excess household moisture. Ideal for more demanding environments. Use as a cottage, warehouse or basement dehumidifier.
- Invest in Quality for your Family: Honeywell Dehumidifiers undergo 11 rigorous stages of safety checks with added safety features for your peace of mind.
- Top Performer: Honeywell Dehumidifiers are top rated by a nationally recognized independent consumer product testing agency since 2016, scoring at the top in energy efficiency, water removal and reliability.
- 2022 ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Certified means these powerful dehumidifiers offer superior energy efficiency performance compared to regular ENERGY STAR models, saving you money and reducing your impact on the environment.
- Stress-Free Operation: Detachable water tank, anti-spill tank guards, continuous drain tube included for easy maintenance.
Other Things to Consider
As we just stated, the square footage of the space and the overall level of dampness are the two biggest things to consider when deciding the capacity of the dehumidifier you need. However, there are some other factors that might make you increase your calculations and decide to get a higher capacity model.
Number of People In the Home
As humans, we are constantly expelling water into our environment. Whether we are talking, breathing or sweating our bodies are releasing moisture that is being absorbed by the air around us. So it only makes sense that the larger the number of people who live in a home the need for a higher capacity dehumidifier increases. Some places suggest that you will need an additional 5 pints of capacity for every 4 people in your house.
There are some additional factors associated with the number of people[le in your home that might require you to think about a higher capacity dehumidifier.
Washer and Dryer
If your home has a laundry room, then it requires additional water-removing capacity. This is because water is constantly flowing and evaporating whenever you run your dryer or washer. If you have a larger family or just simply do a lot of laundry you might want to add more 5 pints to your overall calculation.
Windows and Doors
One way moisture can sneak into your house via open doors and windows.
If you live in a humid area and have a lot of people constantly coming and going or if you simply like to leave the windows and patio doors open to get fresh air in the house you might want to add another 5 pints of capacity to meet your home’s needs.
Your bathroom is a room that bacteria and mold loves. Simply flushing your toilet, running showers and washing your hands can increase the relative humidity of your bathroom.
If you like to take long showers or if there are a lot of people living in your home who are taking multiple showers per day you might want to add another 5 or 10 pints to your calculations. This is especially true if your bathroom isn’t very well ventilated.
Why Not Just Get The Largest Capacity Unit You Can Find?
Getting a 70 pint model might not be a bad idea, but it might not be the right thing for you to do either.
There are several reasons why you might not want to get a model that is bigger than you need. One reason is that you could spend a lot of extra money. Another reason is that a larger unit will usually make more noise than a smaller unit and depending on where you put it noise could be an issue for you. Finally, the bigger the capacity the larger the dehumidifier will be larger and weigh more (70 pint units can be about 50 pounds), which can be an issue if you plan on putting the dehumidifier in a small space or plan on moving it around to different areas of the house.
Getting a large capacity model can be a good choice for several reasons. First, you know that it will be able to meet your needs and get the humidity to a healthy level in your home. Second, because it will be able to get the moisture out of the air faster than smaller models it might be more energy-efficient than a slightly smaller unit that needs to run virtually non stop to get the job done. Lastly, a larger capacity unit might last longer than some of its smaller capacity counterparts since it won’t have to run as long to do the same job.
Selecting a model with the proper size (capacity) is arguably the most important part of buying a dehumidifier. If you take a few minutes to think about the size of your home and the level of moisture in the air you will be able to successfully find a dehumidifier that will be able to meet your needs for years to come. That being said, if you are having a hard time deciding, remember to error on the side of going with the larger capacity option if you are having a hard time.
Last update on 2023-12-06 at 02:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API